- Every night there are over 3600 homeless people in the greater Houston area.
- 85% of unsheltered homeless people are men and 93% of the prison population is male.
- Loss of job is the number reason cited for homelessness.
- Substance abuse, addiction and relapse contribute to a chronic cycle of homelessness.
- Men hunger for authentic relationships, but too often are trapped in friendless isolation.
- Men long to serve something greater than themselves.
- Men in a proven recovery program are far more likely to recover, stay sober and make a difference.
- With your help, we can make a difference in the lives of men, their families, and their communities.
- Legacy Builders provides the following for men who are homeless and in recovery:
- Job search assistance
- Recovery-oriented mentoring
- Faith-based discipleship and leadership training
Impact a man
and you impact the family.
Impact the family
and you impact the community.